Saturday, January 10, 2009

No Excuses, No Pics only this

It's been almost 2 months since I have taken the time to post a blog. Baron DeKalb reminded me this past Tuesday at Madmen. Those who know me know that it wasn't from not having anything to say but basically from laziness and a problem with pictures. See, someone suggested a while back to add pictures to my blog. Well that would be fine and dandy if this was meant to be a running pictorial of the day to day life of Anna and Syd Smith. Its not. I always viewed this as an avenue for me to express my feelings on certain subjects. A place to let off a little steam and a place (as meagerly as it is) to realize my journalistic dreams. In my early years I dreamt of being the next Woodward of Bernstein. The funny thing was so did alot of others. Damn that "All the Presidents Men". My letters to the Editor at the Greenville News filled some of the void. But, owning a local business I had to be carefull on what I wrote or said. Here I don't have to make any excuses or begin to explain my warped view of the world. So Peg, No Pics and No excuses.

Now that the new year is upon us I have plenty of things to say. I'm not going to waste alot of time reliving the past 2 months. In a nutshell it went like this:
1) Clemson beat USC. (Nothing new, one is always the hammer and the other the nail)
2) Dabo got the job. (I was very happy. $$$$$)
3) Christmas with 4.5 grandchildren was what you would expect.
4) Bethelem Revisited - COLD!!!
5) New Years Day - a 50/50 split. Good Randall's Food, Bad Gator Bowl.

There you have it. I'm not going to worry about finding or uploading pictures only giving my opinion on things that don't matter to most.

PS: Peggy, I am working on another blogspot for pictures and happenings with our clan. That will hopefully be a joint effort.

Also, 10 days left until Inaguration!!!

Syd

3 comments:

Stephen Taylor said...

Right, the word is mightier than the pixil, esp your words.

Jeff Hammer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff Hammer said...

One week until we start down the long road to getting our country back! I look forward to reading what you think about President Obama in the upcoming months!