Friday, May 30, 2008

"A Week In the Life"


"Woke up, got out of bed, ran a comb across my head"... It's been a week since I have been able to post. But quite a week in deed. Last Thursday (May 22) at 4:00pm, Jonah Lucas Simmons arrived into this world at 9lbs, 10oz. Ashley did well, she has found something she is really good at, making beautiful baby boys. They went home on Saturday after we waited for 6 hours for the pediatrician to discharge Jonah. (This takes us through Saturday).

We took our annual trip to Hilton Head for the Southern Conference Spring Meeting this past Monday. Always a great trip and the Conference does a good job with all the accomodations. Last year we took Bryson with us, this year Noah was introduced to the ocean for the first time. A little apprehensive at first but by Wednesday he would at least get his feet wet. Bryson on the other hand is his Grandfathers boy. Born with an absolute love of the ocean, the waves, and the creatures we found on the beach. The papers reported a "Fun Time Was Had By All"

"Where it all ends I can't fathom, my friends.If I knew, I might toss out my anchor.So I'll cruise along always searchin' for songs, Not a lawyer, a thief or a banker". J. Buffett, Son of a Son of a Sailor..

No comments: