Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What's in your wallet?


Ok, it's time to get back in the blogging business. My dog (our youngest daughter) Cookie received a credit card application in the mail yesterday. You heard me right, Capital One invited Cookie to open an account with them.

Now lets see what do you think would be the first thing Cookie would buy with this card? 1,000 tennis balls and a machine to shoot them out for her. I can also see her buying a cat disposal unit, or maybe a swimming pool of her own. For a dog who has everything already, I'm not sure she really needs to start building her credit just yet. Who knows, she may even qualify for a home loan from Country Wide.

Folks, this is one of the major problems in this country. Anyone who has had kids in college knows how many credit card applications are sent to them. They know that the sooner they can create an addiction the sooner they can start collecting outrageous interest rates. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, we have all been there, but if this application to Cookie is not icing on the cake nothing is. This cycle needs to come to an end. I don't know how and when or of it ever will, but the sooner this generation gets it, the better.

"God money I'll do anything for you.
God money just tell me what you want me to.
God money nail me up against the wall.
God money don't want everything he wants it all." Nine Inch Nails "Head Like a Hole"
(one of my favorite songs of all time)

Syd

2 comments:

Peg and Don said...

Now that she has credit, how about some trates for Clem, here favorite dog friend?...

Peg and Don said...

That was supposed to be treats....