Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's just not fair

Where's Doc. Brown and the De Lorean when I need him? You remember Doc. Brown from Back to the Future? He had the De Lorean with the flux copasitor that when you hit 88 mph you could travel to your pre-set time, backwards or forward. Doc Brown take me back to when Bryson was only 1 and lets just stay there awhile. Bryson started kindergarten today at Reidville Elementary and I feel OLD. The good part of this is that I am not old alone. Yep, Stephen Taylor you were there with me when we found out the news and you were there to baptize him, so you are old too. My sister who is already 6 yrs older than me, you were there with us at the hospital, you too are old. My son and all of his friends, who have been a part of his life from the start, yep you're getting old. And my wife nothing more needs to be said as well as all you folks in Quail Ridge and you know those of you of whom I speak who are getting old.
There, now I feel better, since I have included most of you in my misery. Getting older is not so bad as long as you have friends to enjoy it with you. It's just not fair.

First time you feel it, it might make you sad nexttime you feel it it might make you mad
But you'l be glad baby when youve found hats the power makes the world go round"
Huey Lewis & News "Power of Love" of course.

Syd

No comments: