Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Four Letter Word- IRAQ




Many people have asked me why I'm supporting Barack Obama for president. There are many reasons. Ranging from a total dislike for the Clintons to a total dislike of what the Republican Party is at this moment in time. But, I think the main reason is a simple 4-letter word, IRAQ. From day one I have beeen against the invasion of Iraq. Didn't understand why we were going in. There were NO Iraqi's on any of the planes on 9/11. Anyone who would taken time to read and research would have known that under no circumstance would Sadam Hussian assist Osama Bin Laden. One was sunni and one is shite. I will agree Sadam Hussian was a madman and should have been overthrown, but when did we become the police force for the Iraqi people? There are plenty of evil men in this world. Why didn't we go into Uganda, The Sudan or Cambodia? Simple reason was oil and money. War is to profitable. Dwight Eisenhower in his last speech as president warned of the "Military Industrial Complex". Here was a real military hero. One who had orchestrated D-Day. He warned that when wars became profitable we would fight wars for the wrong reason. He had just seen it happen in Korea.
I love when people mention now that the surge is working and that Obama was against the surge. Let me give you an analogy. I come by and set your house on fire and we only call one fire dept because it would be too expensive to call 2. Well the house continues to burn so I say lets go ahead and call 3 and get this fire put out. Yes, the fire is put out and the firemen go home but the house is still burned down for no reason. The bottom line is we never should have been there to begin with.
Instead of going into Iraq, we should have turned all of our resources into chasing down Bin Laden. I mean that old testament type justice, the type the Israelis used after Munich. Watch the movie Munich. Not only did they go after the terrorists, they went after their families, their friends and anyone who was associated with them. When Obama said he would go into Pakistan if he knew he could get Bin Laden, he was raked over the coals. We either want him or not. I realy don't think this adminstration does.
Oh well, blame this rant on too little sleep from watching the convention and the olympics. The whole world should be required to operate off of Eastern Standard Time.
"I've been used, abused and so confused, and I had no where to run,
But I stood and looked, and my eyes got hooked, on that beautiful morning sun".
Van Morrison .... Brand New Day

Syd






No comments: