Monday, June 2, 2008

30 years and going

It was my 30 year class reunion this past Friday night. I can proudly say we had over a third of our class in attendance. That's not very hard when we only had 32 graduates. It was alot of fun looking back at those times. The era we were in, the cloths, the fewer aches and pains, the smaller bodies, the "Glory Days" as Springsteen would say. What saddened me the most was the beauty queen who longed for those days. To think that your days in high school are the highlight of your life is sad. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my days in high school but by no means was this the highlight of my life.

It's like getting older. Alot of people hate thinking about it, go out of there way to avoid it, won't admit it, and won't accept it. I on the other hand wear it like a badge of honor. Getting older always beats the alternative in every case. With my dad living to 91, I'm hoping I'm just getting started.

"Don't mind the grey in your hair. Just think of the fun you had puttin' it there and as for that old book of time Boy, you never skipped a page So, don't be ashamed of your age Brother, don't be ashamed of your age"... Willie Nelson "Don't be ashamed of your age"

Syd

No comments: